Competition Components and Requirements
The competition has three essential components for the participants to work upon.This section explains in detail about the competition components and the expected deliverables for each of these components
New Design of the Selected Project
COMPONENT A DETAILS :
- All details of the newly formulated project, including drawings, sketches, perspectives, photos of models, etc. that adequately communicates the new design.
- Ideas and proposals on sustainable building , cost reduction, participatory design, service efficiency , and community living etc
Six A2 (max) sheets that cover :
- Sheet 1 : SWOT analysis of the existing project
- Sheet 2 : New Design Concept
- Sheets 3,4,5,6 : Drawings and Photos as in Above (i)
Project Selection for Redesign
Participants may select any of the following sites as part of their submission in component A* :
- Re-designing an affordable housing project undertaken by a public agency or a private builder
2 Redesigning a rehabilitation project where families affected by development induced displacement or otherwise have been resettled on a new site in new formal houses by a public authority
3 Redesigning an : (i) in-situ slum improvement project or (ii) Slum redevelopment project where slum dwellers have been resettled on the same site in new houses by PPP mode or by a public agency
CHANGES IN BUILDING BYE LAWS REQUIRED TO IMPLEMENT SUGGESTED NEW DESIGN
COMPONENT B DETAILS :
Existing building by-laws and regulations are perceived as constraints to good design, that result in compromised living environments.
Suggestion for required changes in the existing building bye laws and regulations required to implement your proposals and ideas. It may include height restrictions, size of the projection in the margins, ground coverage, shape and location of common open space, etc.
ONE A3 Sheet
COMPONENT C DETAILS :
Two case studies showcasing effective addition of useable space for the living functions, storing,space extensions etc. in existing, homes (formal or informal).
TWO A3 Sheets with drawings, sketches , photos, descriptions showcasing use and innovation
SIX A2 (max) sheets consisting of the new design of the selected project
ONE A3 sheet with suggestions to the existing bye-laws and regulations
TWO A3 sheets showcasing the case studies
ONE A3 sheet comprising of a 750 word project summary for all three competition components.
1. All sheets must contain Unique ID number on the bottom right corner of the sheet and no personal information.
2. A template for sheets shall be shared with the contestants.
3. All entries are to be submitted in PDF format with size limited to 10MB on the competition website.
4. Entries are to be submitted on or before 30 November 2018.
For more info,
*Conditions for project selection include:
a) An urban location
b) More than 300 units
c) Affordable category
d) Approved by the competent authority or submitted for approval
e) Under construction or ready to start construction
f) Completed and occupied in the last one year.
All the givens of the selected project are to be taken as givens such as :
• The site (location, size, dimensions, conditions, neighbourhood, etc.)
• Local building bye laws of the city/state
• Unit area and percentage size mix, if any
• Clients (or dummy clients) if not identified